Friday, February 15, 2008

Greetings and other fancy "hello" type words.

Hi.

So here it is, my first official blog for the second time.

I sense a contradiction somewhere but the source eludes me.

I say "second time" because I have been posting blogs on my MySpace page. So, not really my first blog ever. It's actually my fifth blog ever. Not really saying much, is it?

But now, I have set up this dedicated blog page so I can ramble on meaninglessly to my hearts content. Actually, I hope that's not true at all. I hope everything on this page has meaning to somebody. Somebody besides me, that is.

I am going to repost my previous blogs from MySpace. Mostly because i'm lazy. I really don't want to have to rewrite and edit them. So I am giving you fair notice that if you see references to myspace and other things that suggest inside knowledge, this is why.

Since this is my fifth, there will be four that will come next. They will be titled using words that look strikingly similar to these. "Me, But Not Me." "Vacations Save Lives." "Meaning Beyond The Con." and, "The Pursuit."

Within these blogs you will probably discern a few things about me. I'm a pastor. Wait, don't run away. At least give this a chance. Please? I know there are probably many of you who are of the opinion that the last thing you want is some bible thumper shoving fistfulls of God down your gullet. I'm not that guy. Don't get me wrong. I like God and I will be talking about God. But I've only been a pastor since June of 2006. That means before that I had a real life in the real world doing normal things. I would like to think that the stuff that is said on this page has more to do with life in a realistic, relevent, rubber-meets-the-road, life-is-messy sort of way.

If you read the next four posts, you will get the idea of what I'm peddling.

I welcome comments. I welcome questions.

Ok, I'll shut up. The next post really says what I'm trying to say here, anyway, and it even gives one or two reasons why. Enjoy, and maybe I'll even hear from you.

Till then, may death not catch you napping...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happens if I run into death while napping, am I not to talk to him? what if he's nice and friendly and has candy?

Tony said...

Well, if you running while napping, I think you have a number of problems to solve. ;)